CAPA works to advance the profession and promote quality, accessibility and cost-effectiveness in patient-centered healthcare.
CAPA's Legislative and Governmental Affairs Committee is keeping PAs in the game! By collaborating with AAPA, we were able to work with the Colorado Division of Workers' Compensation to adopt several rule changes that helped improve PA practice. CAPA works to advance the profession and promote quality, accessibility and cost-effectiveness in patient-centered healthcare.
Our advocacy engagement includes initiatives related to the federal, state and grassroots level. The profession’s advocacy success depends on the involvement of PAs and PA students across the country. We strive to provide the perfect tools to help you be an effective for advocate for the PA profession.
WHAT DOES IT MEANS TO BE AN ADVOCATE?
CAPA's Advocacy Program is a statewide network of PAs who want to help patients and the profession by building relationships with members of Congress and their staff.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Insider advocacy news
Tips for building strong relationships with legislators
Exclusive tools for spreading the word on PA priority issues
Calls to action on federal legislation that affect the PA profession
WHY SHOULD A PA BE AN ADVOCATE?
- PAs have key insight to the problems facing healthcare delivery in America, especially in rural, frontier, border and urban underserved communities and populations.
- PAs are energetic, passionate and have unique and powerful stories to tell about patients and communities.
- Members of Congress look to PAs to provide them with cues, perspective and information on healthcare decisions affecting their communities.
WHO CAN JOIN?
All PAs are encouraged to join in on advocacy. If you are interested in shaping the future of the profession, then advocating is for you.
- 12 March 2018 by Nicole Fleshman, in Advocacy,NewsAre you looking to get involved with CAPA but don’t have much extra time? Consid...READ MORE +
- 27 February 2018 by Stephany Oceguera, in Advocacy,EducationCAPA representatives met with Vivienne Belmont on Friday 1/19/18. She is a polic...READ MORE +